Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Taking a walk

The weather was beautiful today!  Perfect for a walk with my little one and we needed it!  More me actually since I've been having a hard time putting her to sleep and needed a break.  Well, let me re-phrase...I've been rocking her to sleep but she has been waking up every time I put her down.

So, how does a baby sleep while the stroller moves along bumpy side walks, cracks, and traffic noise?  Whatever the reason, it did us both some good and I would recommend it to any new mothers out there, go for a walk!

I got to stop by Wiki Star, a local Taiwanese food place, to pick up lunch.

Three cup chicken
Had the Three Cup Chicken and it was okay tasting (but personal preference, could use more ginger and basil), portion size was good.  One difference between this one and the ones in Taiwan, they use boneless chicken which makes it easier to eat.  Wiki Star in general is a good place for Taiwanese food.  The beef noodle is decent but if I was going to rave about something there, it would be their oyster omelette.  It's better than some places in Taiwan!  If you've never had it before, the texture may be a bit strange to some as it's chewy and slippery.  It's also a savory sweet type of dish which they do well.  Sorry, no picture!

And, had another tea drink at ShareTea, the Hokkaido Milk Pearl Tea.  The milk is a rich custardy taste and was okay...but...(yes, I'm hard to please when it comes to tea), there was too much tapioca. 

She slept through most of this walk and it felt good to get out.  Now, I guess my only concern is trying not to spend every time I do go for a walk! 


2 comments:

  1. How brave of you to venture out into public alone with your newborn! I remember being quite terrified myself :)

    ReplyDelete