Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

CoCo Fresh Tea and Juice - Now Open in Toronto


Another Taiwan bubble tea brand has opened in Toronto; Coco Bubble Tea.  Located in a small plaza north of Finch and Midland (near Keung Kee Restaurant), this past weekend they were just in their "soft opening" stage. The offerings are definitely geared to a North American market with fruit slushes, tea macchiatos, and chocolate flavoured drinks.  Not a bad thing, but different from more common offerings in Taiwan.  Their webtsite shows drinks that are not offered here but I think it would have been good to have some items that would be unique to this brand.



Winter melon, apple, and I think green bean (mung bean) slush would have been good options to include.  I would definitely go for a green bean smoothie as it was common in Taiwan (and supposedly is good for "cooling" the body or reducing acne).  It‘s interesting to note they only have 2 fresh teas.  



I opted for a hot Matcha milk tea as I actually had a cold HK milk tea just before (but I had to try Coco out even if I wasn't thirsty).

Taste: Okay, but it misses a bit on the Matcha flavour.  I wasn‘t asked about my preferred sugar level as I usually will get less or half sugar, but it turned out ok, just a bit sweeter than I‘d like at the end.  I think the real taste test will be on their milk tea and a fruit tea.

Service: Soft opening so can‘t really comment except the service was friendly.

Atmosphere: Clean, spacious. 

Will I return?  Yes, to try other drinks and give a more informed review.  But, they will definitely be competing with Marathon Donuts during the day in the milk tea category as Marathon is known to have award winning HK style milk tea and they are priced lower.  


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review of Coco! I went here today; I happened to be in the plaza eating lunch and looking for a bubble tea to go, when I recognized the shop logo from your blog! I had the large 2 Ladies tea (milk tea with tapioca and pudding), and it was quite good. I'm certainly not a regular bubble tea drinker, but it was quite satisfying when I was looking for milk tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed the tea!

      Delete