Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Finding time



I'm always looking for time...time to do daily chores, time to spend with my family, time with friends, and time to enjoy tea.

-------

Sunday...a couple of Sunday's ago, it was such a beautifully sunny day.  I could have been doing some chores like cleaning but instead, I spent 30 minutes drinking tea (Alishan Jin Xuan oolong which was perfect for my mood) and admiring a new plant I had purchased from Kim's Nature the day before.

How enjoyable it was!

----------

Sometimes in this world where information is transferred at a click of a mouse, news can spread across the world in minutes and people can weigh-in with their opinion on just about anything, I wonder about the future of blogging.  Blogging used to be a snap-shot of someone's life and thoughts at a particular moment but now each post is carefully crafted and some are drafted days or weeks in advance.  Myself included, I have many posts drafted but for whatever reason, I never posted.  Blogging also has become more time consuming that more people opt for something quicker with a greater reach like Instagram and Twitter or whatever other app that is popular now.  Many of the blogs I started reading are no longer updated as people move on...life happens, life changes priorities. I also think younger people don't start blogs anymore....at least not in the general sense...the younger generation start websites.

Anyway, I do think about my blog and how little time I spend writing here.  My lifestyle has also changed and I feel a change is needed.  Not sure exactly what I want this blog to evolve into but I feel it's time.



No comments:

Post a Comment