Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Snacks: Hmmm, What's That - Roasted Soy Melty Kiss


This box was one I had been eyeing, but waited for a sale to buy.  The flavour is roasted soybean which might sound odd but it‘s very good.

I've never actually had the "Meltykiss" line of chocolates.  They usually have strawberry and green tea which are two flavours I gravitate to but still, I've never had it.  The squares are small chocolate coated with a dusting of cocoa powder. Smaller than I expected but each bite is quite yummy. I also expected it to be very soft or "melty" in the centre but although it was soft, it was not really "melty".

So, what does roasted soy taste like?  I find it similar to peanut butter but not as strong and more umami tasting.  I've been a fan of roasted soy ever since I bought a package of roasted soy powder (kinako) to use in baking and making mochi.  You can find this at Korean, Chinese, or Japanese supermarkets.

I would purchase this again and also try the other flavours too!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment