Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Homemade Gifts - One of the best kinds of gift


In Toronto, we experienced an ice storm the weekend before Christmas.  At first, the trees looked so beautiful, nature's ice sculptures as my partner put it.  But, the trees began to sag or branches began to break under the weight of the ice causing havoc for many in the GTA, including myself.  We lost power...

A day without power was okay but as the days dragged on, heat and hot water dwindled, we were feeling it.  Luckily, I had family to turn to and friends who had power offered their homes.  (Thank you!!)  It sent a reminder that during this holiday season it is a time to thank those in our lives that mean something to us and have always opened their hearts to us.  I know not everyone was as lucky and as I write this, there are still people without power.  My thoughts go out to those that are still left in the dark and hope that their power is restored soon and they have found a warm place to stay.

During this time, I received gifts from my 2 very good and talented friends.  Some homemade goodies - cookies and chocolate!!  Many years ago we made a decision not to buy gifts for each other but since we still were in the gift giving mentality, we usually baked or made something.

Here are some pics of the lovely treats I received.  (Thank you!!  They were delicious!!)


 For packaging and basic cookie recipe, see post from the Craft Bandit.




2 comments:

  1. Aw shucks. But there's something missing... a photo and description of your AMAZING walnut and chocolate mini tarts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They weren't as good or pretty! Next time when I use your suggestion to add sea salt, I'll post it up.

      Delete