Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July: I'm Dreaming of...


An unexpected growth...the cutest maple leaf!   ^-^  Something for Canada Day!

In July, summer is full on with heat, humidity, and festivals!  And I'm dreaming of...

- cherries, eating them fresh is the best, but there's also a recipe in the new book Paris Pastry Club that I've been meaning to try
- a picnic in the park...maybe some mung bean cold noodles will make it on the menu ^-^
- more ice cream!  (We picked up an ice cream maker for $5 from overstock.com!)  Last month I made ice cream without a machine somewhat following David Lebovitz's posted method which worked fine.  I just messed up the initial base so I'm going to try it again this month.
- visiting more farmer's markets
- eating pizza from an outdoor wood-fired oven (at Edithvale Park in Willowdale)

No comments:

Post a Comment