Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Simple Cookies


Sometimes a simple little cookie is all you need with that coffee or cup of tea.  I have been making these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for several years now, it's kinda my go-to cookie.  Easy to make, a little healthy with the oats, a little bit of a treat because of the chocolate.  It fits most of the time and goes well with coffee or tea.  From Food & Drink magazine, here's the basic recipe; I'll often use dark chocolate chunks, omit the nuts, and use a combination of brown and white sugar.  If you want a crispier cookie, melting the butter is another modification I might do to change it up.

Most recently, I've been wanting to make more simple cookies.  We're so accustomed to over-the-top creations that sometimes it's nice to enjoy something very simple but still good.  So what I'm thinking about is a cookie that looks simple, is a nice little treat, but tastes great.  Essentially, better than it looks.  In Asia, some cafes might serve you a little cookie, biscotti, or cracker on the side when you order a coffee or tea.  (I was reminded of this after I read this blog post.  See picture #8, the blog is in Chinese though.)  I've always found them to be so cute and often they are quite well made.  In a way, getting a little extra treat makes the experience so much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment