Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

October: I'm Dreaming of...


October has come and is going fast, fast, fast...

I needed to write this post in order to pause.  Pause, cause lately, I think I lost myself a bit.

I ate at a few new places, went apple picking, and did a few other things but didn't blog about them as I normally would be inclined to do.  I also shopped quite a bit as it's a very easy thing to do when online shopping is so easy and malls are great on weekdays.  I have a small glass cake display stand that sits on my kitchen counter where I like to put things I've baked into it and it has sat empty for quite some time...dust covers the top of the cover...and each day I pass it numerous times...wanting to put something inside.  But it remains empty.

I came across this word (from this blog) which I think reminded me to begin this post.

Tsundoku 


A Japanese word with no English equivalent.  Essentially buying books and creating a reading pile, but that pile goes unread.  I found out more here, and realized I have this but it hasn't been too extreme...however, I'm really interested in buying the book mentioned.  It would be ironic to buy it and leave it unread, which could very well happen!

Anyway, back to October.  October I'm dreaming of... 

- apple tarts and apple pie, using apples picked from an Ontario orchard (here's a great one in Brampton)...and maybe pies like my dad used to make with raisins
- scones...all kinds of scones, cheddar ones, apple ones, buckwheat ones....I think I have too long a list
- a big chalkboard...to post notes, to draw, to imagine I'm in a cafe while I drink my tea at home and read the overseas magazines I bought (or my pile of books),...whatever it is, this diy project has been on my mind for over a year!  


No comments:

Post a Comment