Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June - I'm Dreaming of...

French toast at Phoenix Restaurant (Bayview location)

In May I was looking to have some really good French toast but have been disappointed the couple of times I ordered it for breakfast (very thin slices were served).  However, I did order them at HK cafes (not western breakfast/brunch establishments) that were a little more "old-school", so... I should have known better.  We've been going to some old-school HK-cafe-type places recently, but in my mind, I'm thinking of the thick slices of bread served at more "modern" places like Pheonix or Yogi Noodle.

@ Chi Star House Restaurant (only 1 slice of thin bread)
 
@ Golden Flower Cafe in Richmond Hill (1.5 slices of thin bread)
On the very last day of May, we went to Phoenix Restaurant and I got my thick French toast (pictured at top).  It was a little pricey, but that's what I was craving and it tasted ok.  Light and billowy on the inside and the salted butter they topped it with was a pretty good addition.

So in June,
I'm dreaming of...
...making my own thick, thick French toast with a medley of fruit and real maple syrup!

I'm also dreaming of...
...afternoon tea, the fancy kind with tiers of little treats.  I had spied a new tearoom that opened up called Annvita.  Actually, it's been months since I saw the sign and have been anticipating it's opening.  Well, it has opened and I'm planning my visit soon!

June is also about strawberries for me,
I'm dreaming of...
...lovely summer desserts made with strawberries, just eating them fresh with a bowl of vanilla ice cream, or pickling strawberries (saw a recipe from the new cookbook Seven Spoons) which I think would be interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment