Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

April: I'm Dreaming of...

L: end of March, R: beginning of April!

What an interesting start to April!

After the first week of wintery weather, I can't help but want to brew hot tea after hot tea.  But I just know warmer weather is almost here so I'm really dreaming about all things Spring.

Spring time often means flowers and lots of rain, but I'm definitely thinking about flowers more.  And I've recently seen a lot of posts with sakura flowers (cherry blossoms).  Sakura flowers are a sign of Spring and for the past couple of years I've looked forward to checking out the sakuras in high park but I've also been thinking about them in food; check out this sakura latte recipe at Thirsty for Tea or this Sakura cheesecake here.

I've never been one to decorate my home with flowers or greenery because well...I'm just not good with such things.  But, I'm starting to appreciate them more and more, especially since I see more and more lovely pictures of simple to elaborate flower arrangements or how they can add such charm!

So this April, I'm dreaming of...

adding a little bit more greenery to my life
增加綠色植物在我生活

brewing some cold tea like this
(you can skip to 2:38 to just view the brewing)
冷泡茶用這個放法

and

making floral shaped cookies
做花型餅乾
or if I can get my hands on some salted sakura flowers I'll try to make some sakura cookies!


Happy April!


Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment