Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

BB Cafe - Pomegranate Cake and Persian tea


BB Cafe is a Persian cafe offering Persian desserts and teas as well as light lunch options like salads, crepes, and stuffed waffles.  It definitely has that 'home-y' kind of feel to it.  With two locations, both along Yonge St., the original in North York and their second in Richmond Hill, this place has been on my radar for quite some time and finally I decided to check them out...in February (yes, it's long overdue!).  Updating this blog hasn't really been a priority but I thought this place deserved a mention.

We checked out the Richmond Hill cafe and grabbed a table on the second floor, pretty nice.

I ordered the traditional Persian black tea and a slice of pomegranate cake.  The tea was nicely presented and was a light black tea, similar tasting to a Ceylon (Sri Lankan) tea.  You drop a sugar cube into your cup and it slowly dissolves providing a nice level of sweetness, even as you pour more tea into your cup.  The pomegranate cake was a huge slice!  The flavours were mild but you could taste the tart taste of pomegranate and there were pomegranate seeds within the cake.  The glaze on top of the cake was a little too thick though.



My partner had an iced tea and house-made pistachio ice cream.


Just a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.  I think I would come back to try their crepes or stuffed waffles if I was in the area again. 如果我們再來這區, 我會試試他們的可麗餅或鬆餅(窩夫).

Main floor seating
Upper level seating

BB Cafe 

10067 Yonge Street
Richmond HillON L4C 1T9
905-237-6565
http://bbcafe.ca/


BB Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment