Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Instagram- @tiantiantea


I have an instagram account I set up a little while ago, but I haven't been using it to post pictures. I've been following others, mainly foodie accounts and some tea ones...none of whom I know personally; hope that doesn't sound too creepy!?

Why so late to the party?

Well, to be honest, very, very few friends I know use Instagram and I knew the amount of time people spend perfecting their Instagram pics was not something I wanted to find myself caught up in (since I think I spend way too much time on blog photos already!). So, I didn't post anything when I got my account.

Why now?

Well, there are numerous reasons. Since I've been refocusing on tea lately, I have intentions to challenge myself to improve my tea photography and to photograph tea in different ways. Instagram seemed like it would keep me taking those pictures.  Another reason is the same reason  many other bloggers use Instagram - because it's a fast way to put out a picture or info when you just don't have time for a blog post or really doesn't warrant a blog post.  A picture can also start a conversation which sometimes ends up being very helpful.

I'm now posting my daily teas and tea related pics (like desserts and tea) on Instagram under the name @tiantiantea.  I decided I wanted something different than my blog name since I really wanted it to be focused and to limit my time posting.


Tiān tiān for 天天 meaning daily.  

I also chose to use the pinyin of tiantian because it could also be: 
tián tián for 甜 meaning sweet.  

Loved the possibility of a dual meaning! 

Oh, and I haven't figured out how to add a link to my feed on my blog...will get to that...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment