Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

100 Days and More

It's been over 100 days since she made her first appearance.  She has been more than I expected, much, much more.  She makes me crazy at times, but that was to be expected.  It is the subtle things she does that makes me what to hold her forever.

She smiles at me when she wakes up and notices I am there
She stares at me intently and sticks out her tongue when she wants to feed
When she laughs after she spits up
When she smiles after she lightly coughs
Her reaction when she sees herself in the mirror
Her little hands exploring my hand, face and body as I feed her
The frown she makes for a second or two before she cries
The sound of her baby babble as she tries to communicate

All of it is special to me, only existing in pieces of my memory and if I'm lucky, caught on camera.

Here is a short poem I wrote for her to mark her 100 days and for the photobook I'm making...I'm not a poet by any means but hopefully one day she will read it and know I tried to express in words the beauty of her smile.


sketch was created by the app Sketch Guru
Baby's Smile


right from the very start
now and forever
it warms my heart

so sweet and innocent
so naturally charming
my attention is stolen in an instant

so beautiful
like the dawn that breaks the darkness
a light, so hopeful

my worn out wrists and body aches 
are no longer concerning
my weary eyes are now awake

to stare at her for a while 
to see her lips curl
to see my baby's smile


2 comments:

  1. Congrats, 100 day baby! And congrats to you, momma... it's certainly not an easy job, but sounds like all your efforts have been worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it's definitely been challenging but worth it!

      Delete