Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Lunch AND dinner at ZenQ

ZenQ near my place had started offering food and I've been meaning to give them a try for some time now.  The brand started out trying to establish itself as a dessert and tea place, but the expansion into Taiwanese meals is welcome.  From 12-9 pm they offer a selection of their dishes + drink (a select few) for $9.50.  (I think the Markham location is a little cheaper for their combo?)  ZenQ is actually owned by the same parent company as Chatime, La Kaffa International which I found interesting because I'm sure they must be sourcing the same tea.

For a late (and actually quite rushed) lunch, I ordered the crispy chicken rice combo and I wasn't disappointed, actually quite happy.  The meal comes with a side dish of vegetables, a good portion of chicken and rice with some minced pork on top.  Taste was good and it wasn't greasy.  I would have liked a little bit of basil on the crispy chicken to add to the flavour but it was still ok.  The regular milk bubble tea was good as usual.  I've gotten takeout drinks from them often and it's always been pretty good. 

So...usually I'd try out a place and then move on to try another place but...



Come dinner time...I decided to try their takeout.  Yes, I do things in bunches!  The other entree I was thinking of trying at lunch was the three cup chicken so for dinner, this is what I got for takeout.  The takeout container is not a bento box style but still comes with your main and sides.  There is actually more rice in the takeout container.  Flavour was good and is very typical, could use more garlic but I was happy there was basil.  This time I had a honey jasmine green tea with my meal and it was a nice refreshing drink!

For bubble tea places, this place offers quite a decent meal combo and the hours they offer it is really great as you can have it for lunch and dinner!

  
 
ZenQ (North York)
5437A Yonge St.
North York, ON M2N 5S1
T: (647) 350-ZENQ (9367)



ZenQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. I went to this place in August when I visited. If I recall correctly we had snow ice there, which was pretty good. I should try both those dishes next time as they are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to try the snow ice here but end up ordering something else. These are my favourite dishes too, aside from beef noodle :)

      Delete
  2. Have you been recently? Do they still have this combo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have gotten take out recently and they still have both.

      Delete