Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Nadege - Financial District


I've heard good things about Nadege but have never been to any of their outlets, so when I wanted to pick up a snack I decided to try them out.  The financial district location in the Richmond Adelaide Centre (underground PATH) is a bit of a walk for me, but I figured I needed the walk.

Nice large and open space for downtown. 

After much perusing, I ended up getting a chocolate praline croissant which was pretty tasty.  Good dark chocolate flavour and the layers of laminated dough were good, crispy on top and slightly denser than your traditional croissant which I liked.  The praline didn't play a starring role though.

Pastry section with entrements/tarts was okay looking but nothing enticing enough to buy that day.  I got a chocolate macaron to sample and was a bit disappointed.  The chocolate filling was not very uniform, a bit dry in parts and not really a dark chocolate flavour, more milk chocolate.  The outside did not have as nice a crisp as others. Maybe this was an off day or something because I have heard good things about their macarons.


Had an iced tea (ginger lemon green tea) which was brewed from the brand Kusmi Tea (a French tea brand).  It was okay.  The cup was a bit leaky at the top though and I think the hot cups were a little nicer.  Service was efficient and friendly though.

 

Other offerings include sandwiches, a variety of sweets for gift giving, and chocolates; more specifically Alphabet Chocolate which caught my eye, the P for parmesan chocolate sounded interesting.  Despite the macaron, I'd go back again to give a few other things a try as I did enjoy the croissant or maybe I'll stop by one of their other locations. 



Nadege
THE PATH - Richmond Adelaide Centre
120 Adelaide St. W.
Toronto, ON M5H 1T1
416-368-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment