Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Paradise Fine Chinese Dining - Not Worth the Price


House Cold Appetizer: Spicy pickled cloud ear fungus
A month ago we had gone to Paradise Fine Dining for dinner as we were in the mood for something fancier in terms of Chinese cuisine and it was close to home.  When it comes to eating Chinese food, I can be quite picky...especially if they are charging a premium price.  I'm definitely more lenient towards HK Cafes as they are what they claim to be; quick service value restaurants.  So I expect higher end restaurants to serve food and provide service according to their claim that they are "fine dining" and "higher end".

Although the food tasted okay and I was happy to have tried out this restaurant, I don't think the portions, tastes, or service match up with the price they charge. I really had a hard time writing this as I hate spending time on negative things, but I have to tell it like it is.  I did like the cold appetizer they provided free of charge, the spicy pickled cloud ear fungus but, had the prices been more aligned with the taste, I would think more highly of this restaurant. Maybe we didn't choose the "right" dishes or dim sum is much better, but all three dishes we tried just didn't justify the price. 

Steamed fish...ended up being almost $50 for an okay tasting steamed fish.  Nothing wrong with it but it wasn't the best I've had in the city.



Diced Garlic Beef Tenderloin...$22 for beef that tasted good but not spectacular.  The accompaning zucchini pieces were undercooked and lacked flavour as I assume they thought the beef would add flavour to these pieces.  The portion size could have been better.



Braised Tofu and Vegetables...$16 for blocks of tofu and shitake mushrooms that were pretty standard. 


Anyway, if you have deep pockets and want to give them a try, the decor is nice, service was more attentive when we were paying the bill, and food was okay.  They do have a set meal for just over $100 containing lobster and roasted duck (by the way, roast duck alone was $50) that might entice me to return, but right now if I want some high end Chinese food, I'll be looking elsewhere.


Paradise Fine Chinese Dining
5505 Leslie St
Toronto, ON M2H 3B6
(416) 490-8828
http://www.paradisenorthyork.com/
 

 

Paradise Fine Chinese Dining Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment