Pages

Monday, November 9, 2015

November: I'm Dreaming of...


Fall is a beautiful time of year and I always feel like apple picking, but this year I didn't make much of an effort to plan an outing.  I've been too obsessed about a few things...one being a milk frother.  I've mentioned before that I've wanted one but the brands I looked at were a little too pricey for me and in the past I tried a battery operated handheld one that didn't work. Then I came across Kuissential and eventually I couldn't resist and bought one off Amazon. 
 
Why a milk frother?  Well, I've always had the desire to make tea lattes and it's perfect for the cold weather that is with us for many months out the year.  And yes, you could just use warmed milk from a saucepan but I want that extra element of froth and the ability to froth cold milk as well...something I've wanted to do ever since seeing some iced tea/coffee drinks in Taipei that look like this:
 
@ La Douceur Patisserie in Taipei - very cute space and the pastries were well made!
 
So, with my new kitchen gadget in hand, I'm dreaming of...
 
...many tea lattes and frothy milk iced tea drinks.
 
And, while I'm making these said tea drinks, I'm dreaming of...
 
...capturing the beauty of the tea leaves. 
I haven't taken pictures with a DSLR for awhile.  I had borrowed my sister's camera once for a few weeks and these were the results:
 

 
 Like them but I remember taking forever!  Hopefully, I'll be able to spend some time practicing my photo taking.


 
Something a little off topic, this month I'm still reading the book 'My Day' The Best of Eleanor Roosevelt's Acclaimed Newspaper Columns, 1936-1962 which is quite a departure from the usual books that interest me. My partner is more knowledgeable on the political scene in America than I and I thought it would be good to do some learning, plus, I liked the aspect that she wrote these columns daily, almost like a blog today, but included her thoughts on political and social issues.  It has been quite interesting as there is so much about American politics during that time and WWII that I never spent too much time learning about before now. Eleanor Roosevelt is definitely a woman that was amazing. 
 
So, I'm thinking of reading other books that differ from my usual.  Maybe about Madame Chiang Kai-Shek who was mentioned in 'My Day'.  Or maybe short stories from Haruki Murakami who's name I came across on 2 different occasions in the last 6 months, one being here, at TheThousandthGirl. I'm definitely going to be on the look out for something else to read after I finish 'My Day'.  Hope it will be just as interesting.
 
Enjoy November!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment