Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Flavourful Matcha Slushie at Uncle Tetsu's Matcha Cafe


Uncle Tetsu's Japanese Matcha Cafe

If you're an all-things-matcha-tea fan, you want to try Uncle Tetsu's Matcha Cafe.  Right next to the very popular Uncle Tetsu's Japanese Cheesecake (where lining up for 2 hours is the norm), this cafe offers a few matcha flavoured desserts - without the line.  Their matcha slushie ($4.99) is very flavourful and not overly sweet.  Perfect for a hot summer day!


They also had a Yuzu flavoured slushie that day and I was really tempted to try that one instead, but I was there for the matcha so Yuzu will have to wait till next time!  (Hopefully they have it, some days they only have certain items available.)


I also picked up some matcha madeleine's to try ($2.65 each); one regular and one with red bean. They were on special, buy 3 get 1 free and I was already going to buy 2, so of course I bought 3.  Not really shaped like traditional madeleine's, they are more muffin top shaped and almost twice the size. Texture is somewhat similar, but unfortunately the matcha flavour wasn't as strong as I hoped.  The red bean filling was on the sweeter side so I think I prefer the regular madeleines.


Even the wrapper is branded!

Inside view L: Regular matcha madeleine, R: Red bean matcha medeleine
In August, they will have Matcha cheesecake so if you're planning to try the items on the current menu, do it before then.  Otherwise, I can see a line up for the matcha cheesecake!  Other items on their menu include soft-serve matcha ice cream and matcha shaved ice. 

No seating, takeout only.





No comments:

Post a Comment