Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Zoku Character Popsicles - Cherry Yogurt Popsicles


So cute!!  I picked up two of these Zoku Character Ice Pop Molds at Williams Sonoma and finally put them to use last week (great during the hot weather we've been having!).  Princess Bella and Cadence the Kitty. 

It was pure luck that a piece of cherry landed right where Bella's top was, lol!


Look at the detail!  The mold is a silicone mold and you pull the pop out and the mold inverts as you pull.  I was really impressed that everything came out okay without needing to rinse the outside with water!  The popsicle is small, about 2 inches but perfect for my little one.

It's not much of a recipe but just in case you were wondering, here is what I used.  (You also might wonder why I used simple syrup too...I was reading in Smitten Kitchen's Berry Yogurt Popsicles comments that you need a bit more sugar for frozen treats).

Cherry & Yogurt Mini Popsicles
Make about 4

1/2 cup balkan style sweetened vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar)
2 cherries chopped

Mix all ingredients together and pour into molds. 
Insert reusable stick and freeze for at least 6 hours.



2 comments:

  1. Those popsicles look amazing! I just want to bite off their heads, yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're very cute! The texture was slightly icy as I just used Balkan style yogurt instead of a creamier greek yogurt.

      Delete