Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

DT Bistro - Afternoon Tea

Beautiful pastry/dessert counter

DT Bistro is a wonderful little patisserie and lunch/dinner spot on Harbord Street in the Annex.  Simple yet elegant decor, it's a lovely spot for catching up with friends, a leisure meal, or just dessert and tea.  I had gone to an event here many years ago and had always wanted to come back.   A couple of weekends ago, I finally did for afternoon tea and my friends and I had a wonderful time!

幾個周末前, 我終於拜訪 DT Bistro, 喝下午茶.  大家都吃得非常暢快!

Ordered the Crown Ceylon tea.  Light astringency so I didn't need any sugar or milk.


Started with the savory items at the bottom tier and the mushroom soup was recommended first since it was warm...rich and full of flavour, loved it.  

$30 per person, minimum 2 persons for afternoon tea

The spring rolls and mango salsa was balanced and the smoked salmon croissant was so flaky and good.

The braised short rib, tender and with a spicy kick to it.


Scones were light and buttery...and ohhh the devonshire cream, heavenly!  Lemon curd and house made jams were also enjoyable.


Goat cheese onion confit crostini, good strong flavours.



Top layer was a variety of desserts we shared.  Enjoyed the raspberry macaron and the tiramisu in chocolate cup; nice and light.


We all were completely stuffed!

Service was so patient as we had several questions, took a while to decide, and some of my friends ended up ordering other items besides afternoon tea like desserts from the display case or brunch items. (They raved about the Veal Curry and the Ahi Tuna Sandwich.) I thought it was also good that they also do a half-tea option where you only get the desserts if you're not a big eater, but I would really recommend the whole afternoon tea as the savory items were all flavourful and well made.  When we also left, there was another table that forgot their leftover dessert and the server ran outside after them!

Quite the enjoyable afternoon!

Ceiling decor, stunning!
First floor seating area

There were also these fruit shaped marzipan creations.  So cute!  I bought one for a friend's party we were going to that night.  Contains walnut and sugar, unfortunately I don't know how it tasted.  

DT Bistro
154 Harbord St.
Toronto, ON M5S 1H2
T: 416-916-8155
www.dtbistro.com

DT Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment