Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Little Master - a little bit of a surprise


When the old Cha Me Cha on Yonge Street closed, I noticed the space was being renovated for some time and I was eager to see what it would be.  Finally, Little Master opened.  Little Master appeared to be a noodle place but it was hard to tell what was actually on their menu just by looking at the outside.  We decided to give them a try anyway.

We were surprised that almost all the dishes had a bit of spiciness to it which meant, none for our toddler who can't handle the heat.  However, we spotted some sides like the Chinese hamburger or in Taiwan the 'gua bao' 割 / 刈包 and fried tofu.  But, in the end, they were spicy too!  Not extremely, but had just a hint.

我們發現每個菜差不多有辣味的, 如是我們的孩子不可以吃.  我們想刈包和炸豆腐就沒辣所以點了, 到頭來也是辣的!  沒有太辣, 可是有.

The saute chicken spicy noodle I got was pretty good, the noodles had a good bite to it and the portion size was decent, not huge like you'll have leftovers but just enough.  Soup was spicy and the chicken was okay flavoured but does have bones.  There are potatoes in this dish and to me it seems like a very traditional (Northern Chinese) dish that is executed quite well.  I also liked the 'gua bao' and the fried tofu.  The gua bao here is filled with a spicy minced pork and was flavourful, the buns were decent.  The fried tofu was lightly seasoned with cumin and chili pepper, a nice side (but a little pricey).


I get excited when a new place opens in the Yonge-Finch/Sheppard area, but it usually ends up being just average.  This time, I liked the place and would have loved to come back regularly, but unfortunately their menu is a bit limited for our needs.

Service  was pretty laid back, no complaints.


Little Master
5369 Yonge Street
TorontoON M2N 5R6
T: 647-640-5369


Little Master Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this place looks and sounds really delicious. I will check it out for sure next time, granted that it's still open. I don't think I've ever had an authentic gua bao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wondering how it will do...businesses in the area change all the time! I just saw a new business soon to open called Miss Durian!
      Their gua bao is not the same as ones you'd get in Taiwan, a pretty good one is at Mean Bao.

      Delete