Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2016

March: I'm Dreaming of...

Stewed buttercup squash and lima beans


Hello March.
哈囉三月.

It's been a couple of months since I did a post like this.  I've go so much on my mind that it's hard focusing on what 'I'm Dreaming of' for March.
有幾個月沒寫這種文章了.  我有太多事在腦裡,難以集中我的精神.

The sun is rising earlier and the days are getting longer.  I feel spring is just around the corner (even with the snow storm the other night, lol!).  Part of what preoccupies my thoughts right now are recipes.  Recipes for vegetarian meals, recipes for healthier meals, recipes for using leftovers and being mindful of waste and as always, recipes for tea and tea sweets.

March is also Nutrition Month - lots of great tips for those looking to improve their eating habits. There are a number of Toronto registered dietitians (RDs) that have their own websites/blogs that provide good nutrition info; here are some RDs gaining notoriety, Words to Eat By and Abbey's Kitchen to name a couple.

So, in March, I'm Dreaming of...

creamy vegetable soups like this one at 101cookbooks

homemade cashew milk for milk tea at home

rye cookies to go with my tea

making this easy and tasty lentil dish by ottolenghi again

baking bread or olive oil loaf cake...
...and then using leftovers to make french toast or bread pudding


Have a healthy and happy March!


Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment