Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Moji Japanese Eatery

Karaage chicken udon


Food was a mixture of Japanese udon or donburi dishes and some desserts.  Small selection of drinks like fruit green tea or matcha milk teas for $2.  Spacious and feels like IKEA mixed with a bit of Japanese charm.  Lots of seating and bright lighting, different from other restaurants in the area which are packed tight with tables.



I had gotten the chicken karaage udon which tasted pretty good.  Udon was chewy and the karaage was well seasoned and tender.  Only difference is the batter used is similar to tempura and the mayo is mildly spicy.  We also got the pork curry udon and an order of takoyaki which were piping hot and very good!



They definitely tried to add a different look to their bowls, e.g. cantaloupe in the udon soup which I liked but others may find odd or not appropriate.  For me, the little bit of edamame, tofu and marinated egg that was added to the udon noodles were nice additions.  The food didn't wow but it didn't disappoint either.  Portions for the udon may be a bit on the smaller side for the price, but sometimes I like to think of it as saving room for dessert, lol!

Matcha and taro soft serve ice creams were average, would have liked more matcha flavour though.  Mochis were not that soft so I'd stick with the soft serve only.
抹茶和芋頭冰淇淋還ok, 多一點抹茶味就比較好.  麻糬硬一點所以我建議只點冰淇淋.


Servers were polite and were available when needed.  I'd come back to Moji, especially for a relaxed lunch.


Moji Japanese Eatery
8362 Kennedy Rd Suite U A6 (Peach Tree Plaza facing Kennedy Rd.)
Markham, ON L3R 9W5
T: (905) 479-6654



Moji Japanese Eatery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment