Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Dessert Week 6 :: Buckwheat Butter Cookies


These butter cookies are very, very nice...buttery, crumbly, and just the right about of sweetness.  But there is one problem - I don't taste much buckwheat flavour.  Maybe my taste buds are off or the brand of buckwheat flour I used is not very flavourful, but I couldn't taste the nuttiness of the buckwheat. I'll have to try the recipe again with another brand of buckwheat flour.

Anyhoo...I did try out some new cookies cutters I got from Bulk Barn.  They sell quite a bit of mini cookie cutters and when I saw a tea cup, I just had to buy it!  I also picked up this bunny/kitten cutter that I couldn't resist.


Butter cookies might not be the best dough to use these cutters with since the excess dough will need to be refrigerated again before using and it does spread when baking, but the shapes were luckily still recognizable (except I was told my tea cup looks like a seashell).  I think I might try an oatmeal buckwheat cookie next or I'm going to try it with oat flour.  I bought a 10 kg bag of oat flour (yes 10 kg) so more on that another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment