Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

February: I'm Dreaming of...


February is going fast and there is much to do!  A number of personal changes are happening this month and it'll be Chinese New Years in a couple of weeks too!  I also haven't forgotten about my goals for the year and they've definitely been in my dreams...

In February I'm dreaming of...

...Choux pastry and more choux pastry !!
Inspired by the a number of blogs (sugarednspiced, natalie.e for example), I've been wanting to make perfect cream puffs and éclairs.  Sugared and spiced also just posted a blog post on a recent opening of a patisserie in Taipei, Taiwan that focuses on éclairs.  I recently had some really good cream puffs from Mon K Patisserie and they made me want to make them even more!  Mon K Patisserie is a very cute Japanese French Patisserie on Coxwell Ave.  We had tried the basic cream puff and the green tea cream puff which were made with the crumbly top.  The pastry cream fillings were very good, light and creamy!

...Doing a little sewing...
One of the blogs I follow started a series called "A Photo An Hour" which I've quite enjoyed (and been quite jealous of) over the last little bit.  Pictures taken on film over the course of a number of hours during a typical day are shared.  The most recent one features a picture of a sewing project and seeing the cute fabric just made me want to sew something!  During boxing week, I bought a sewing machine, a Kenmore from Sears, but I have yet to use it.  Soon...soon, I tell myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment