Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

April: I'm Dreaming of...



At the beginning of April I wasn't sure if we'd have any spring weather this month, but last week it was beautiful!

When it was still somewhat cold, I was dreaming about donburi and Japanese curries.  One bowl meals that are simple yet tasty.  Tokyo Kitchen in downtown toronto is not too bad, but I hear Kaiju is very good too.  Will have to make a stop there some day.  Or, to make at home, I like recipes from Cooking With Dog, a youtube channel which is great for home-style Japanese recipes.

But, since the weather has warmed I've been dreaming about quiche with a side salad...a somewhat light meal (depending on how much cheese and cream goes into the quiche, haha).  I recently made one and it didn't turn out that great.  So now, I'm hoping to do better!

This week, the rain has made me want to make cookies...actually thinking much about them lately but I've yet to settle on one to make.

And after not baking for a few weeks due to illness...I "baked" a banana cake in my rice cooker...lol!  It was like having an easy bake oven that I actually never got to use as a kid.  My partner said....you have an oven and you use the rice cooker?!

Anyway, it was for fun....gotta have fun in life!  Find recipe here.  The banana cake was yummy but as you can see, you're not going to get browning at the top which doesn't matter much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment