Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sharetea downtown at Yonge & Wellesley


Sharetea
576 Yonge St
Toronto, ON M4Y 1Z3

Downtown Toronto was never a popular site for bubble tea places.  Maybe it was the high rent or maybe franchisees never saw the potential.  When I was in university, 168 tea shop was really the only bubble tea to set up downtown.  I remember going to the one located at College and Bathurst, it was very ghetto but was one of the only ones downtown.

I hate to always be mentioning Chatime but, I have to say, Chatime made a big difference by opening their first Toronto location at Dundas and Bay.  Since they've opened, many other bubble tea places have opened in the downtown area.  I visited the Sharetea location at Yonge & Wellesley recently since it was close to work and I was craving a bubble tea.  Haven't been to Sharetea in a while so this is also an update of their tea (to some extent though, because different locations can definitely produce different quality results).

What I had...

Herb jelly milk tea.

As I've mentioned before, the grass jelly here is smooth with a slight herbal flavour to it and if you're looking to match the grass jelly at Chatime, this is it.  The jelly at Sharetea seems like it is on the sweeter side though.  The milk tea was okay but I felt it was a bit too milky at this location.  I'm aware that bubble tea places may use instant creamer in their drinks so I suspect this is one example.  I didn't ask the staff, this is only speculation. But I think it needs to be a little lighter on the creamer or using milk powder/fresh milk would be ideal.  Maybe it's just this location, the North York location if I recall has a better "milk taste" for my preference.

Anyway, still a good milk tea if you're looking for something creamy and sweet in the area and you don't want to wait in a huge line for a drink (this is such a plus!). For those, collecting points, this Sharetea also takes the Vicinity Card.  Like :) 

Conveniently near the subway, you don't have to go far. This location is only a take-out spot, there are no seats and is really for those "on-there-way" somewhere or area residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment