Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Inspire Restaurant


Fusion food done right! Inspire Restaurant is located on Main St. Markham, a street with a bit of olde town feel, the chefs bring a level of quality to the area that is not usually found in the suburbs.  They don't serve foie gras or other high end staples, but they dress up comfort foods very nicely.  It's definitely a place I would go to regularly if I lived or worked closer.

融合美食做的很好!  Inspire Restaurant 設在 Main St. Markham 路, 那個路有一點點的古城的感覺, 可是廚師帶來quality食品,這個地區沒那麼有.  沒有鵝肝, 但是爽心美食更上一層樓.  如果我在或是上班附近, 我會常時來. 

There were actually a number of items I would have love to order, but I could not resist ordering the Chicken with Waffles.  So happy that I did.  Tender pieces of fried chicken in a lightly spiced breading (I'm thinking cumin seeds?) with waffles and maple syrup...a sweet and salty combo that made me devour it!  The chicken was very moist, especially for chicken breast and the seasoning was slightly different but works. The only downside, too much syrup so the chicken loses some crunch and parts of the waffle get soggy.  Would have preferred less drizzled on top, and a side amount offered instead.

My partner had the INSP burger with duck fat fries...it looked great and from what I hear, it was very, very good.  I tried the fries and liked the flavour but they were softer than I'd like due to all the toppings...but kinda like a poutine.


Service was good, polite and efficient.  For the quality, everything was reasonably priced.

Interior is modern with a relaxing zen vibe, fits well with the fusion food.  I'd love to visit more often but the drive is a bit far...great for those that live in Markham though. 




Inspire Restaurant
144 Main St. Markham North Unit 1
Markham, ON L3P 5T3
905-554-2889
http://www.inspirerestaurant.com/
(Parking spots available at the side of the restaurant.)



Inspire Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. Fried chicken and waffles are a fun combination. Such an indulgent, comforting meal... makes you feel like a little kid. Though I have to ask, what did your little kid eat when you were there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took a vacation day so it was just the two of us, haha! :)
      There wouldn't have been too much on the menu but I think she would have liked some waffle and chicken (minus the breading) too!

      Delete