Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Little Fin


Crispy haddock sandwich

If you've got a hankering for a fish sandwich or lobster near Yonge and Queen, Little Fin is a good choice!  Well, actually, I can only attest to the fish and only one fish at that, the haddock.

如果你在 Yonge-Queen 街附近, 渴求吃魚漢堡或龍蝦, Little Fin 是一個很好的選擇!

I had seen pictures of the food on various blogs and review sites and when I was looking for something for lunch, I headed there.  East of Yonge St. on Temperance, you'd never really notice it if you were walking on Yonge.

The fish is battered in what seems like panko and served atop a nice brioche bun.  The fish meat had good texture and it was fried just right; a good tasting sandwich.  The tartar sauce was okay too, it was a little spicy which I'm surprised that they don't offer a plain tartar sauce for those that don't like spicy. Comes with two sides; seaweed salad and potatoes were my choices.  Enjoyed both the sides, the potatoes were slightly crispy on the outside and lovely inside.  It might have been a tad on the salty side but I'm also the same person that doesn't have an issue with just eating tofu and broccoli steamed for lunch, lol!  So, I'm sure for most people, it would be perfectly seasoned.

Bar seating inside and in the warmer months, they would have patio seating.  Very clean looking too. Service was okay and I was greeted when I walked in.

A decent option for lunch in the area...maybe a little pricey for lunch but fish and lobster ARE quite pricey these days, so it's expected.  Oh, they also have a Chicken BLT which I saw someone order as I was leaving and it looks really good too!  I was surprised to learn they are affiliated with the Colette Grand Cafe, both are part of the Chase Hospitality Group.  I haven't been to Colette yet but have read good things and Little Fin was a good intro to the kind of quality of food that is offered by this group without the higher price tag of their fancier establishments.

Little Fin
4 Temperance St.
Toronto, ON M5H 1Y5
T: 647-348-7000
http://littlefin.ca/

Little Fin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment