Pages

Friday, February 12, 2016

New Things for a New Year: New Washi Tape and Tea Set


Happy Chinese New Year!  新年快樂!! I was going to write a Chinese New Year post but then I was too busy cleaning, making things, and eating out.  So now I have a ton of food posts to write, but since it's the new year I decided to share a few of the new things I started the year with: my new washi tapes and new tea set :)

I've loved looking at washi tape for years but I knew that if I bought it it would stay virtually unused because I didn't want to waste it...kinda like when I was a kid and realized stickers were expensive, I just didn't waste them on anything.  Anyway, I finally purchased a bunch from Yozo Craft and I love them!  Great colours and designs and quite affordable for 10m rolls.
 
Most will be used in my notebooks since I'll be holding on to them and some for card making.  And maybe, just maybe I'll let my child use them...but she'll just stick them everywhere (including my nose) without a second thought!  Like how my friend so aptly mentioned to me today, love how children eat foods (like cookies) without guilt.

I love getting anything tea related, whether it's tea leaves or teapots or tea cups.  Although I already have two other clay teapots, I couldn't resist buying this one.  (Some people buy new clothes for Chinese New Year, I like to buy new tea or teaware.)  My new tea set is a pear shaped purple clay tea pot made in Taiwan (from Taiwan Tea Crafts).  It's a nice little set and pours really nicely.  I used it to brew a lightly oxidized oolong tea from the Aowanda area in Nantou, Taiwan. The clay will enhance the flavours of certain teas and if you continue to brew the same tea in the clay pot, you are in a way 'seasoning' it so future brews become more flavourful.  Over time, you could get tea from just pouring hot water into the pot without leaves!  With any unglazed clay pot, it's best to use only one type of tea so the hardest part for me is now deciding which tea to use in the pot.  Hopefully this is the hardest thing I'll have to do this year, lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment