Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Jule Tea House

House special noodles ($7.49)

Jule tea house started out as just a bubble tea and dessert shop, but over the last few months to half a year (?), they started offering Taiwanese style meals which I was curious to try.  From the menu I think they say they named their tea house Jule because it resembled the pronunciation of the word 'to gather' together (聚) in Mandarin.

The tea house has really nice seating and is quite spacious so it's definitely a nice place 'to gather' with friends.  Soft music plays in the background and on the back wall they also have a nice green wall to add to the comfortable feeling of the space.
個茶館寬敞, 是一個很好的地方和朋友聚集在一起. 音樂播放輕的, 後牆有綠色植物人以舒適感覺.
I ordered their House Special Rice Noodle which was a spicy mala rice noodle with pork ribs.  The meal was decent and it was indeed spicy, but portions were a bit small.  If you were a big eater, you'll need to add a drink and a dessert to be full. Otherwise it's good as a light meal.  Too bad there isn't a drink special if you order one of their meals.



Jule does have a number of desserts on offer that makes them a little unique, but I wasn't up for trying them so I can't comment.  The bubble tea we ordered was the regular milk tea and on a previous visit I had ordered the same but with tapioca.  Both occasions the milk tea was good but the tapioca could have been better, they were not all soft and chewy.

Overall, the food and bubble tea didn't blow me away, but it's a good place to hang out with friends as the seating is nice and service was decent.

  
MaMa Beef Rice Noodle (soup was a little lacking in flavour)


Jule
20 Carlton St.
Toronto, ON M5B 2H5
T:416-509-7888
https://www.facebook.com/JuleToronto/


Jule Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Why the occasional duplicate sentence written in Chinese?  
One of my goals starting in 2016 is to improve my Chinese language skills so this is one way I'm going about it.  
Please comment if you noticed I've totally messed up!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment