Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Emma's Country Kitchen - House Made Everything!

Breakwich with a side of fries

Emma's Country Kitchen
1108 St. Clair Ave West.
Toronto, ON L7E 1M6
416-652-3662
We went for a late breakfast at Emma's Country Kitchen...on a weekday. (I had the day off...yay me...sometimes it's good to be off on a random day!)  I've wanted to try this place for a while now but Emma's Country Kitchen is in the west end near St. Clair and Dufferin where we usually find restaurants in this area a bit out of the way to get to.  But, we're glad to have finally made our way there as it was well worth it! 

On weekdays, their menu is pared down quite a bit, only offering a few breakfast items compared to their weekend brunch menu (e.g. homemade donuts, eggs benny, and a host of other items).  We still found something to order though and had a great breakfast.

Since we were there late, we had the mushroom soup to start, and it was pretty good; lots of mushrooms.  But, it wasn't a smooth soup if you're expecting that.  We liked the flavour nonetheless. My partner had the classic breakfast and I had the 'breakwich' which included cheese, an over easy egg, and sausage on buttermilk biscuit.  It was really good!  Larger than your breakfast sandwiches at Tim's and McD's and the biscuit was flakey and buttery, yums!  I also got a side of sea salted fries which turned out to be just okay for me. They are cut in-house but were skinny fries which I'm not too fond of since it's hard to maintain the crispiness on the outside while still having enough soft potato on the inside.  This is my personal preference though.

The classic breakfast (2 eggs, house cured bacon or sausage, griddled red potatoes, and toast) was done really well; the scrambled eggs consistency was great and the bacon was thickly sliced and nicely smoked.  The toast, honey whole wheat I believe was really good too.  You could taste the honey; afterwards I regretted not buying a loaf to take home!
 
Classic Breakfast (sorry for the poor picture quality!)
Everything was house-made: the bread was baked, the bacon was cured and smoked, the fries were cut.  I really liked this aspect and the food definitely shows the quality and skill they put into their items. Service was also friendly and attentive.

A great breakfast place, (but not ideal for big groups), I definitely would like to be back for their weekend brunch.  Too bad it's a little out of the way for us, otherwise I think we would've gone back in a few days!  

 Click to add a blog post for Emma's Country Kitchen on Zomato
 


No comments:

Post a Comment