Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Shiso Tree Cafe - Unique Japanese Style Pastas

Okonomiyaki fries

Shiso Tree Cafe
1-3160 Steeles Ave E.
Markham, ON L3R 4G9
T: (905) 479-9319
https://www.facebook.com/ShisoTree

I know the first picture should have been of pasta but the okonomiyaki fries here were very good!  I've been to Shiso Tree Cafe before but it's been over a year since my last visit.  And I've been craving to go back.

This time we ordered the okinomiyaki fries, beef sukiyaki pasta, and the unagi-don pasta.  Pastas come with salad and a slice of garlic bread.  With your pasta you can also make it a set which includes the addition of a soup and dessert for $8.

Basic salad

The okinomiyaki fries were good, but it was a huge plate that we couldn't finish it!  Definitely a sharing plate for a group of 4 or 6.  They had a special Japanese poutine that we considered but I really love okinomiyaki and decided to go with their original creation.

Both our pastas tasted very good and the portions were decent.  I did find my sukiyaki pasta to be a little on the salty side though.

Beef Sukiyaki Pasta:  there was actually quite a bit of beef, the picture doesn't do it justice.

Unagi-don pasta: A very good amount of unagi is served!

I ordered the Mango Cake and it was okay.  Not overly sweet with good mango flavour.  They also serve red bean green tea cake but I always get that when it's available at other establishments so I wanted to try something different this time.

Mango cake $6 if ordered separately.

Specials (sorry for the glare!)

Interior

Overall, I really like this place.   The pasta dishes made with Japanese flavours is a unique combination, portions are generous, and the service is also great.  Shiso Tree Cafe besides having good food just has an overall good atmosphere, one where you can enjoy a quiet meal with friends or family.

No comments:

Post a Comment