Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Chachago - New Kid on the Block



If you haven't been downtown near Eaton Centre lately, you'll be surprised to find a number of bubble tea places have opened within a 5-10 minute walk of Eaton's.

Chachago, a franchise from Taiwan,  recently opened on Elm St.  I'm not very familiar with this franchise but it seems like it'll be an okay place.

Signature drinks include a fresh taro milk tea which was recommended, so I went with it.  My first bubble tea ever was a taro milk tea and I loved it.  But, fresh taro milk tea is a little different from the powdered kind.  More "starchy" and definitely tastes like it should if you were to boil and make fresh taro root yourself.  It was good and I liked the milk tea (the powdered taro milk teas usually lack tea taste), but it was a bit chunky and I would have preferred it to be smooth.

I also got to try their regular bubble milk tea because now until the end of the month, they offer a BOGO; if you buy one of their 5 signature drinks, you'll get a free bubble milk tea.  They seem to only have one size drink, a large size at other places.  I liked their milk tea, it was flavourful and perfect for me at half sugar (I think full would be too sweet though).

Seating available and service was nice.



Chachago
3 Elm St.
Toronto, ON M5G 1H1
T: 416-591-7109

 

No comments:

Post a Comment