Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Bake Code (2) - Earl Grey Tea Flute & Mentaiko Baguette


Update on Bake Code Bakery - I have to admit, it is a bit of a let down when something you want to try is not there...so I was super excited when a couple of weeks ago (gosh, it's been a while!), I finally got to try the Earl Grey Tea Flute and Mentaiko Baguette. Happy to say they were very good! 

Mentaiko was savory and the baguette was crisp (be aware that it is a toasted baguette making it extra crispy).   The fish roe gave it a nice umami flavour and the butter spread has a hint of wasabi flavour (you can't tell by looking), just enough to be enjoyed.  So yummy!!

Earl Grey Tea Flute - the bread was nicely flavoured with the tea and although I was expecting the inside cream to be earl grey tea flavoured, it was actually whipped butter and sugar; still good though and worth a try. 
 
On my last visit, I did see the lemon tart and was going to get it but it was quite tiny!  I guess for $3.50 (or around that price) it won't be the size offered at French patisseries.  Anyway, can't wait to have these again or try even more breads.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment