Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Nohohon Tea Room - Japanese Tea Drinks/Bubble Tea


If you're a fan of Matcha or other Japanese teas, you'll probably like to check this place out.  Serving iced drinks, they have matcha, homebrew hojicha beverages, and sencha tea drinks.  No powder is used to make the drinks which is nice to know.  The night before they had just got in dry tea retail packages and I of course had to pick one up too!

I got their new drink, Furano Fields; matcha tea flavoured with lavender milk.  The matcha was good tasting, not too sweet, and was hand whisked.  You could taste the lavender but it's subtle and not overwhelming.  Of course I didn't know Hokkaido is known for lavender as I always think of Hokkaido as the place famous for their milk and in the winter crab, so I had to check out some info on the place. Here is a site with nice pics and travel info.  I'll definitely be back to try their other teas like their hojicha homebrew or the ume sencha which is more unique.

Not sure if they have any hot beverages as I didn't see it on the menu or missed it, but in the winter it would be a great option to have. 


The space is quite open with a bench on one side and it's more of a take-out type place (too bad, a sit-down place would be awesome).  They sold vegan oatmeal cookies which I was really tempted to get, but I decided I'd try one next time.  The owner(?) was really sweet, taking the time to explain a little bit about the teas.  She didn't have nice bags yet for the retail dry tea leaves and apologized for it; it's nice to have but wouldn't stop me from coming back.
 

I picked up a package of Sencha which is actually by Momo Tea in Toronto, an online retailer. So glad to have been introduced to this retailer as my initial impression of the tea is that it's quite good. Would definitely buy more tea from here as the prices are also quite reasonable.  When I first opened the package the scent was very strong, loved it!  Brewed myself a small cup and the taste was as expected, green and grassy but stronger than other places I've purchased Sencha from.  I also was able to brew it 3 times (didn't try a fourth though) and it was just a lovely way to spend a morning. 

Brewing at home
 
 
Nohohon Tea Room
467 Queen St. W.
Toronto, ON
T: 416-603-2366
 
 
Nohohon Tea Room Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment