Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Bobbette & Belle - North York



Bobbette & Belle
3347 Yonge St
Toronto, ON M4N 2M6
T: 416-466-8800

I've been meaning to check out Bobbette & Belle for some time now and had tasted a birthday cake from them last year which I thought was pretty good.  The birthday cake was a 4 layer chocolate cake (really tall) with I think it was raspberry buttercream frosting.  It was very pretty, quite opulent actually.  The chocolate cake was nice and light, not too sweet.  I guess my only comment was there was so much buttercream!

This past weekend, I decided to go into the shop myself and select a few things.  Hazelnut chocolate cake instantly caught my eye and I ordered a slice.  For under $6, it was a very decent sized piece, I think 2-3 people sharing a slice would be satisfied.  Unfortunately, we couldn't stay and sit with a cup of coffee or tea so took it to go. 



The cake was moist and not too sweet which we liked but I was a little disappointed that the only hazelnut flavouring was in the buttercream on the side of the cake.  I thought there would be hazelnut chocolate flavour inside but it was just chocolate.  I was also a little disappointed on the taste of the chocolate.  It's quite a dark chocolate cake but didn't really have much cocoa taste to it...expecting a little bit more substantial in terms of flavour but sadly, no.

We also got a shortbread cookie and the cookie, although plain, was buttery and light.  Sometimes you just want something simple and this was it.  The price for the cookie was a little on the pricey side though, so I'm not sure if I'd get it again.



They had croissants, scones, butter tarts, a handful of other cakes, macarons, and some cupcakes available but I just wasn't feeling it at the moment.



Space is pretty and service was nice. 

Seating at the front

Seating at the back
(tables to the right and left but there were patrons that I didn't want to capture in the picture)
Overall, okay for the basic cakes or cookies, and I think it would be a nice spot to have a tea and dessert, but nothing available that day really excited me.  (I think I get a little more excited for French style pastries and desserts.)  However, you can still find some really beautiful and decorative cupcakes and cakes at Bobbette and Belle, you just have to order it in advance.  Looking at their website, you can definitely see some great work being done in their special order cupcakes and cakes section.

Bobbette & Belle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment