Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September: I'm Dreaming of...

 



Gosh, how is it September already?! I really don't want to let go of summer...not just yet. 

It just seems so hard to think about September when I don't even know where August went.  I've had to mull on this for a few days as you can see, this post did not come out till many days after Labour Day.  The city is also abuzz with TIFF so September is definitely upon us.  Would love to say I'd be going to see a film, but just can't devote time at this point.

So onto things I can devote time to.  I recently have enjoyed a breakfast of smoked salmon on a baguette and cream cheese.  Add a cup of tea (green tea went well), and it's the start to a great day! Love the fact that it's such a simple breakfast but at the same time feels like such a treat.  These types of breakfasts just make the start of the day so great!  Check out this blog and this blog for breakfast ideas.  Each has a different feel to them but they are both mainly devoted to breakfast. 



I'm definitely thinking of cooking and baking things with produce from the farmers market.  I picked up some pea sprouts, white peaches and strawberries from the farmers market.  White peaches are not as common as the yellow kind but are really nice and sweet.  Hmmm, white peach mousse cake?  My little one loves to pick off the baby leaves of the pea shoots. The first time she did it she put it in her mouth but was not accustomed to eating raw greens. Like lettuce leaves, she'll chew and then spit it out.  But, she wanted to do it again and again. Maybe she can somehow taste the flavour but just can't chew through the raw leaves/stems just yet.  Would love to see her in a strawberry field!

I'm also thinking of cheese...like the etorki cheese I had a friends place some time ago...or the smoked gouda at a bbq, or gruyere!  Maybe it's this book I'm reading, Picnic in Provence, that I'm thinking about cheese.  If you know anything about France, you know that cheese is loved very much and is an integral part of French cuisine and culture...so a book based in Provence most certainly refers to cheese numerous times.
 
So, September...I'm dreaming of simple yet indulgent breakfasts, eating some of my favourite cheeses and maybe trying new ones, and definitely enjoying the fruits of the season!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment