Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

ZenQ - Grass Jelly Dessert to Cool You Down


ZenQ
1076-8333 Kennedy Rd (The Square at Langham Mall)
Markham, ON L3R 4P8
1-855-999-ZENQ (9367)

It‘s been quite a hot and humid weekend in Toronto so I was craving some cold dessert.  Initially, I was thinking shaved ice and ZenQ had a pretty good selection of flavours that I'd be interested in (i.e. black sesame, milk tea, and matcha flavoured).  I‘ve only had the milk teas at ZenQ in North York so was interested in trying their desserts.  Instead of shaved ice, I ended up getting a grass jelly dessert plate with red bean, tapioca pearls, mochi, and grass jelly ice.  (Also, a side of ice cream was an additional dollar.)

The grass jelly was smooth and cooling as expected and was a very good portion size.  Quite enjoyed it; just what I needed. This dessert is not that sweet and they don't give you a side of sugar syrup like some other places so be aware of this, it's not going to statisfy a sweet tooth.  I think the only disappointing part was I was hoping the 3 flavoured mochi would be a little more distinct in their flavours.  I know taro and sweet potato are harder to taste, but matcha should have been easier.  Despite this, still would recommend the grass jelly here.

Decor is bright and modern with a mix of seating that includes a couple of booths.  (Noticed one high chair for parents with toddlers.)


Haven‘t tried the meals here yet but their special combos look pretty good, $9 for food and a drink between 12pm - 9pm.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment