Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

I-migoo Tea Shop - From Zhuhai China


 Another weekend, another milk tea shop.

Whenever a tea shop opens, I'm always very eager to try it out and i-migoo caught my eye because it had a cartoon character situated outside the storefront and were advertising a BOGO offer.  They opened a couple of weeks ago and last weekend we went in on a rainy evening.  It's bright and cheery inside, not very busy though.  This franchise is actually from Zhuhai, China and according to their posted map, they have many outlets in China, even in the northwestern part of China.  My first thought...hmmm, China?  Are they going to make it in this area, an area known to have so many bubble tea places (I can think of 10) in the span of a 10 min walk? 


The more bubbletea places, the better as that means more choice and less line ups.  Unfortunately, based on the drink I tried, they are going to have to work a little harder to cut it in this area. I had an imigoo style milk tea and my partner the classic.  The imigoo is just the classic with tapioca.  The milk tea somewhat tastes like there is a bit of coffee in it which I guess if you are a fan of the Hong Kong drink "ying yang coffee" which is half tea and half coffee, you might like this.  But for me, I like my milk tea to have more of a tea flavour.  The tapioca pearls were also a bit irregular and were somewhat chewy, but more "sticky" than chewy.  Tapioca pearls normally have a good soft chew to it but it doesn't really stick to your teeth as much as these ones did. 

If I were to give them another try, I'd try the food and one of their more weird drinks...like Cheese Teas. Yes, they list a cheese creama green tea and a few others that just seem very odd!!  I wonder if it's like the salted cream teas available at places like Share Tea?  There are also a few drinks that would look good when presented like the potted milk tea which is a tea drink that is topped with oreo crumbs (to look like soil) and a mint leaf.  But, I suspect their milk tea is the standard.  Mango and cocoa are also featured throughout their menu so if you're a fan of these flavours, you'll have more options here.

They have snacks like fries and chicken wings as well, most priced at $3.99.  So if I find myself coming back, I'd try some of the food items.


I-migoo  
5418 Yonge street, Unit 5
North York, Ontario
http://i-migoo.com/ (simplified Chinese)
 
I-Migoo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment