Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Fahrenheit Coffee - For Tea and Baked Goods?


Fahrenheit Coffee
120 Lombard Avenue
Toronto, ON M5A 4J6

Who goes to a popular coffee house and orders tea?!

Me...(I say quietly)
Well, I was actually looking to have a ginger molasses cookie.

Huh?!  (Would be the response of most people.)

Yes, I've been seeing ginger molasses cookies at a lot of cafes and started to have a craving.  I tried to bake some in the morning, but I'm either a truly bad baker or the recipe I found online was not quite right...

Anyway, I wanted a cookie and of course going to a coffee house, it seems a little weird to just buy a cookie so I ordered a drink.  I wasn't in the mood for something strong like coffee so got a Sencha Tea Latte.  The milk was nice and foamy and I really enjoyed it (the tea was okay too). But, don't expect any latte art, cause well, I don't think it can be done in tea.  Overall, a nice beverage.

This makes me want to buy my own milk frother, the expensive over a hundred dollar kind.  It's actually been on my wish list for some time, but it is another gadget I just don't have the space for...and let's face it...I'd probably only use it a few times a month.

So, aside from the tea latte, I got a scone.

What?!  Thought you were looking for a ginger molasses cookie?

Yes, well, they ran out when I went (I hear laughter somewhere)...so since I was in the mood for a baked good, I got a white chocolate cranberry scone.  Not much white chocolate but very buttery!  It's quite different from other scones I've had in that the texture is different and it seems double baked.  Before they served it to me they also heated it up in their oven which was nice.

Space is small so this is not a place to linger/chat/work.  Maybe during off peak hours you can stay a bit to chat especially since there are a few items that are only served in-house, but this is more of a to-go kind of place.  Baristas are nice and you do feel like they want to be there.

Although I didn't get the coffee, looking at other people's drinks, they look well made.  If you like tea lattes, this is also a good place to go.  Ginger molasses cookies...I'll have to let you know another day.
 
Fahrenheit Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment