Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Aug: I'm Dreaming of...

Paochong oolong iced tea
I can‘t believe it‘s already August!!  We‘ve had some really great weather in July, lots of sunshine and hot temperatures.  Humidity has been high but I‘m definitely not complaining!  I love warm weather and it only lasts a few months here so I‘m trying to enjoy as much of it as possible.  

I'm feeling pretty scattered these days.  Some nights I'm up thinking about little side projects and other days I'm just enjoying the weather and not wanting to do too much. This was supposed to be a post on the first of August but I kept re-thinking things.  I think August always feels like crunch time for me.  It's the last month of summer (even though the majority of September is still summer) and I feel I've got to do all I can pack in before the cool weather begins.

But, I'm trying to just enjoy, so this August, I'm dreaming of...
 
Sitting down with a simple iced (oolong) tea...and catching up on some reading (hopefully some of that reading will happen outdoors sprawled on a blanket in the park or lounging on a patio).  I'm looking to start another book since I finally finished reading all the essays from The Edible City: Toronto's Food from Farm to Fork and loved it!
 
And...dreaming of fruit and oolong tea combinations that I can make at home like...

Persimmon chrysanthemum iced tea
Aiyu pineapple green iced tea
Peach and roasted oolong iced tea
Mint strawberry oolong iced tea
 
A side note for oolong tea lovers: there is a Taiwan Oolong Study Tour (TOST) taking place in October, if anyone is interested, check out their website here, registration has already started.

 
And there is so much fruit around that I'm baking again (well, July I baked but sadly they were all fails)...week 31:  Fig Almond Frangipane Tart (It's because of this bakery in Taiwan that I've been wanting to make long rectangle tarts.)  Hoping to use some Ontario peaches soon!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment