Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ryerson Farmer's Market - Cute Little Market


Last Wednesday I went to the Ryerson Farmers Market and came across several interesting booths.  The market is not that big but has a variety of items including fresh produce, baked goods, local honey, and several artisanal food purveyors.

I picked up some kale at the Rye's Home Grown stand which sells produce grown on the top of their engineering building which was a nice surprise.  Hmmm, would love to walk through it one day, it apparently supplies food to different food operations within the university.
 
 
I also stopped at a tea stand, Genuine Tea (pictured above).  Initially I just thought it was new tea company offering the same teas as most others but upon talking to Sarah, one of the co-founders, I found out that they have spent several years in Taiwan and source their oolong teas directly from tea plantations in Taiwan.  This definitely made me perk up my ears as I‘m a big fan of Taiwanese oolong teas. 
 
 
They offer a couple of iced teas already brewed but can make a cup of tea with your choice of tea leaves.  It was way too hot to have a hot tea, otherwise I would have tried a cup of their Oriental Beauty oolong tea!  Next time...but, if you're interested in learning more about them, check out their website here.

Some other stands include Brixton Grill, selling vegan bbq items and dairy free ice creams.  I was going to get a cup of kombucha but the line was a bit long. 
 

Mini sugar donuts...
 
And empanadas...
   
 
There are also a few tables and chairs (with umbrellas) set up so you can eat your meal or desserts a little more comfortably.  If you're in the area on Wednesdays (11am - 3pm), it's definitely worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment