Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Breakfast @ Whole Foods - Yonge and Sheppard

French toast (Sorry for the poor quality pic!)
Whole Foods
4771 Yonge St. (Hullmark Centre)
Toronto, ON M2N 5M5
Cafe/Diner hours: 8 am - 9 pm (1 hour earlier than the store)

Whole Foods is known for quality, carrying specialty products, and sourcing local and/or organic products so I was expecting their breakfast items at their cafe/diner to be rather good.  However, it fell a bit below expectations. 

We had the 2 eggs any style breakfast and French toast with a side of smoked bacon. (Pictures were taken on my phone and lately the quality hasn't been great; I haven't been able to get the lighting right.)

I can't really comment on the taste of the 2 eggs breakfast but my partner said it wasn't that great, very basic and his scrambled eggs was made into an omelet.  This is unfortunately after experiencing a great breakfast at Emma's Country Kitchen not too long ago.

Anyway, my French toast came with a side of fruit which was nice and they tasted fresh.  There were two thick slices of bread, lightly coated with egg batter.  Very little egg taste though, I guess the best word to describe it would be lacklustre.  The bread was supposed to be challah bread but it seemed more like thick white bread than challah bread.  Maple syrup was provided but it was very thin in consistency.

Service was nice but it took a while for our meals to be prepared.

Sad to say that breakfast was a bit of a let down.  We've gotten gelato at this location and the Hazelnut gelato was really good so I suspect some things are just better made than others.  (But I think the gelato is a set recipe that should be standard across all locations.)

I'd probably give their salads a try, especially since it's the summer but for now, Whole Foods won't be on my breakfast to-go list.



Click to add a blog post for Whole Foods Market on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment