Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Toast Delight - HK Egg Waffles

Green Tea Egg Waffle
Toast Delight
Unit 2659- 8339 Kennedy Rd (Langham Square)
Markham, Ontario
(416) 856-3026
https://www.facebook.com/toastdelight

We recently visited this non-descript shop at The Mall at Langham Square that serves flavoured HK style egg waffles and curry fish/beef balls.  But, these are not like your typical waffles, they‘re more dense but also more crunchy.  A different experience and I would say if your a fan of the Dong Dong brand, you won't like these, but if you're up for something a little different, do give them a try!
 
Ordered two for $5 (one for $3), we had the green tea and sesame flavoured ones.  They also had other flavours like red bean, chocolate, 3 cheese, and pork floss & seaweed (maybe my next visit).  I like the crunch and although I'd prefer a stronger green tea taste, it was enough so you could also taste the egg.  It's funny, I kinda expected the sesame egg waffles to be filled with a little bit of black sesame paste...somewhat like how a red bean waffle would be.  So although the sprinkled sesame seeds were good, it wasn't as good as the green tea.

 
But, do eat warm, they will be too hard if you wait a few hours.  The batter somewhat reminds me of Taiwan (I know, another way to fit Taiwan in another post, haha)...a lot of people say that the waffles in Taiwan cafes are made more dense, and it's similar.  The only thing is, I didn't have a scoop of ice cream or medley of fruits to go with it.  And...just as I was thinking this, if you check out their facebook page, you can add ice cream to your waffle.  Hmmm, I didn't see this when I went last week.  Oh well, I guess more reason for me to go back!
 
Also had the iced milk tea which was a really good size for the price and tasted pretty good.

 The shop is not too hard to find.  It's located on the 2nd floor. As you come off the elevator and head towards the shops, look towards your right and you'll see the store front pictured below.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment