Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Pearl Diver - Fish & Chips


Pearl Diver
100 Adelaide St E
Toronto, ON M5C 1K9
T: 416-366-7827
http://pearldiver.to/pearldiver/

Had lunch at Pearl Diver last week and it was pretty good.  Moreso because service was so friendly but it really had a nice vibe to the place. 

This will be a quick post as I only had one item on their menu.  Ordered the fish and chips which tasted good, fish was nice and light.  But, the batter of the fish could be crispier; seemed like there was a bit too much oil absorbed by the batter (possibly oil was not hot enough) on one piece but still tasty.  Tarter sauce looks homemade and it had the addition of dill which I love.  Side of coleslaw was good, tasted different from your usual. I think the vinegar used might be a rice vinegar...enjoyed it and I think I would have preferred more coleslaw and had less fries!  (But, that's just me.)

Pearl Diver offers a pretty good special on oysters so I hope to be back to try the fresh oysters which are on special from 12pm -6pm Sunday - Friday, $15 for a dozen - pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment