Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Snack Foods: Hmmm, What's That?! - Sicilia Lemon Pocky!!


As soon as I saw Lemon Pocky I stopped in my tracks and had to pick up a box.  Another shopper whispered to herself, "lemon pocky?!" as well.  Needless to say, we both popped a box into our shopping carts.  Apparently it's a limited summer edition Pocky - Sicilia Lemon Resort Pocky to be exact.  (Love Furochan's post on limited edition snacks/treats (also known as 'gentai' snacks) in Japan.)

So, how does it taste?

A sweet lemon taste that is very pleasant.  The Pocky stick is coated very thinly but the flavour is strong enough and it's slightly creamy.  It's not tart if that is what you're looking for though. 

The packaging is also very nice, I really thought the drawing on the inside foil bag was quite nice.  This would be very nice at an outdoor dinner party or even an afternoon baby or bridal shower.  I went to a baby shower recently and we got Lindt Lindor chocolates as a thank you treat which was nice as I enjoy Lindt chocolates, but I can definitely see this lemon Pocky being a hit too!

I could definitely eat the whole box in one sitting...but of course, since they are packaged into 2 portions, I stopped :)

The other limited summer edition is a chocolate coconut flavoured Pocky and both were selling at T&T for $1.99.


Sometimes we are in need of a little treat and need to turn to something boxed, bagged, or wrapped.
Snack Foods: Hmmm, What's That? will be my space for highlighting snack foods from Japan and Taiwan or snacks new on the Toronto marketplace.


No comments:

Post a Comment